[Paraview] Unable to launch paraview

d.r.tunuguntla at utwente.nl d.r.tunuguntla at utwente.nl
Thu Mar 23 12:39:40 EDT 2017

Dear Paraview team and users,

Today i built paraview on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, using the paraview-superbuild option.

On launching paraview via the terminal,

I first had an issue with libprotobuf .. as the version of libprotobuf on my machine was 2.6.1 when compared to the one supplied by ParaView-superbuild source. Their version was 2.3.

After going through the protobuf source files ..  as a solution I removed the libprotobuf package from my Desktop and this solved the libprotobuf version issue.

However, when I rebuilt and relaunched paraview via the terminal I get into another problem which is shown below

QFontDatabase: Cannot find font directory /home/scordee/Paraview/ParaviewSuperbuild/Build/install/lib/fonts.

Segmentation fault (core dumped)

How do I solve this problem now? Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Deepak