[Paraview] Potential bug (feature request) Export Scene PV/5.3.0

Green, Jennifer Kathleen jgreen at lanl.gov
Mon Mar 20 12:21:39 EDT 2017

We have a customer inquiring about whether there's a capability to export scene save min as well as max, indicates that the max is only exportable.  Can you please advise whether this is available in 5.3.0 or if it's on the roadmap for future releases?

Thanks!

This is an actual PV bug as reported by Alan Scott:

Export Scene for 2d plots misses columns

I believe we are missing columns of information when Export Scene is run for 2d plots. Here is how to replicate:

  *   5.3.0, Linux, local server.
  *   can.exo, all vars on, apply.
  *   Select Points On. Select maybe 10 points somewhere on the can.
  *   Plot Selection. Apply. Turn on only ACCL Magnitude.
  *   Export Scene.

Now, open the file. You will find columns for time, average, median, min/max (I believe it is max), and q1/q3 (I believe it is the third quartile.

What I want is time, average, median, min, max, q1 and then q3.

Thanks!

Jennifer Green

Jennifer Green, Team Leader
Programming & Runtime Environments Team