[Paraview] WG: AW: Re: 3d Contour plot on cylindrical grid - inaccurate contours with prefered direction in toroidal angle

Held, Markus Markus.Held at uibk.ac.at
Mon Mar 13 16:08:37 EDT 2017

------ Originalnachricht------

Von: Held, Markus

Datum: Mo., 13.03.2017 21:05

An: samuelkey at bresnan.net;

Betreff:AW: Re: [Paraview] 3d Contour plot on cylindrical grid - inaccurate contours with prefered direction in toroidal angle

Dear sam key,

thank you for the fast reply. Actually we transform the R,Z,\varphi coordinates to cartesian x,y,z coordinates via filters in paraview. This is also shown in the picturre. However, we see the same problem in cylindrical coordinates. Here, the isosurface still prefers the /varphi direction.

2d contours in the R,Z plane are accurate.

Best regards

markus