[Paraview] Crash occurs after clicking "File" then "Open"

Roman Kowch rskowch at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 17:32:49 EST 2017

Hi,

I've compiled Paraview from source, v. 5.3.0 RC3 using Qt5 for the GUI. The
application however crashes on one of my computers when I simply click
"File" then "Open." It seems that the crash happens when it needs to bring
up the dialog for selecting a file. It also happens if I do these menu
clicks:

1. "File", "Load Window Layout"
2. "File", "Load State"
3. "File", "Save State"

As you can see, the crash appears to happen whenever a directory dialog is
expected to appear. Should I send a crash report to diagnose this problem?

I should also mention that on another computer, this problem does NOT
appear for the same build of Paraview. The problem seems unique to a
particular computer I'm using.

Regards,
Roman