[Paraview] Field value question from a user

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Fri Mar 10 13:44:02 EST 2017

This is complex but can be done with the time support in VTK’s pipeline. However, it requires the filter to hold state from one call of RequestData to the next. This is simple enough in C++, but I’m not sure how you do it in the Python interpreter (used by the programmable filter). You could declare a global variable, but are you guaranteed to get the same interpreter instance each call? That’s a question for Utkarsh.

-Ken