[Paraview] CSV to PVTU

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Mar 6 13:18:40 EST 2017

Sorry, I might have mislead you a little bit before. What you actually need is the Glyph filter with Glyph Type set to 2D Glyph and then the secondary Glyph Type set to Vertex.

By default the glyph filter subsamples the data (to prevent occlusion when creating glyphs with size). Under Masking change the Glyph Mode to All Points, and you should get what you want.

Also, check the vtu files being generated by ParaView 4.0.1 carefully. I suspect one of them is very large and all the others are very small. I think the old version of ParaView is writing a bunch of vtu files with no points whereas new versions of ParaView are not writing out pointless empty vtu files.

-Ken