[Paraview] Sliding time window statistics

Ross Gardiner ross.gardiner at ultrahaptics.com
Wed Jun 28 07:56:31 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I have a time series of scalar fields (imageData) and want to use ParaView to compute a moving average of the values in the field with respect to time.

For example (just looking at a single point in the field for this example):

Time -------------->

0    2    4    6    2

|---------|
     2
          4
               4

In my research so far, I’ve found the Temporal Statistics filter, but this doesn’t appear to support ‘chunking’ the time series or using a sliding window.

Is there any way to do something like this in ParaView? Would I have to write a custom filter? If so, where should I start?

I’m trying to do this as part of a numerical approximation to an integral dt.

Thanks,

Ross