[Paraview] [EXTERNAL] Re: Paraview Crash

Scott, W Alan wascott at sandia.gov
Mon Jun 12 14:16:08 EDT 2017

Daniel,
Your issue is that ParaView is trying to pick up OpenGL from the system.  The system version is still Mesa / OpenGL 2.1.  I believe you have three options to move forward.  Either do your vis on a computer that has a newer version of OpenGL (such as a Windows computer), rebuild and install system wide a newer version of Mesa (it needs to support OpenGL 3.2), or third you can fall back to ParaView 4.4.0 (available on the Kitware website).  The primary difference between ParaView 4.* and 5.* is that 5 requires a newer (but still old) version of OpenGL.

Alan