[Paraview] using cell data for plot over line

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Wed Jun 7 15:59:43 EDT 2017

In ParaView 5.4 when I run Plot Over Line with a dataset with cell data, I
see what is essentially a piecewise constant function, which is what I
would expect:

[image: Inline image 1]

Each point on the line gets its cell-based data value from the cell that
contains it. You will see some interpolation between adjoining points - is
this what you were describing. You can set the Line Style to None and
select a Marker Style if you wish to remove the connecting lines.

HTH,
Cory