[Paraview] Fwd: [Catalyst] Extracting and saving data from a spreadsheet

Renato Elias rnelias at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 10:50:46 EDT 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Renato Elias <rnelias at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 11:45 AM
Subject: Re: [Paraview] [Catalyst] Extracting and saving data from a
spreadsheet
To: Utkarsh Ayachit <utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com>

I gave up to extract cell values from a spreadsheet and save using a python
text file... it was not working even after your suggested changes :(

I'm now just trying to save a csv file at each coprocessing step with the
following code:

      # create a new 'Integrate Variables'
      integrateVariables1 = IntegrateVariables(Input=calculator1)

      ThisTime = datadescription.GetTime()
      ThisTimeStep = datadescription.GetTimeStep()
      print(' => Time step: '+str(ThisTimeStep)+' Time: '+str(ThisTime))
      fout = 'coefs_'+str(ThisTimeStep)+'.csv'
      SaveData(fout, proxy=integrateVariables1)

but it seems ParaView does not treat the IntegrateVariables filter as a
data producer and I'm only able to save the first csv file when the
pipeline is created.

It seems Catalyst was not designed around the idea that some data could be
written to text files and be pos-processed later on :(

Any idea?

Regards

Renato