[Paraview] Point data to 2d plane data

Li, Teng tengli2 at illinois.edu
Wed Jul 26 00:22:56 EDT 2017

Dear Paraview developers,

I have a question about how to convert point data (vtk file) to 2d plane data. Actually, originally, I was working with vtk file. Then I use the extract selection to select some cells in the original model. In order to process the data of the selected cells, I save the data as the csv file. Then I use Matlab to do some calculation on the data in the csv file. After that, I open the modified csv file by using Paraview directly. And now, I can only see this csv file in spreadsheet view. After searching some online information, I use TabletoPoint to convert the data to point data. However, I still want to view them as the 2d cell. So I use point interpolation to try to convert the points data to 2d plane cell data. However, It doesn't work.

So my question is, how to show the data value in the space between different 2d points data by using point interpolation? Or is there any way that I can process the 2d cell plane data without saving it as the csv file?

Best,
Teng Li

Teng Li

Master Candidate in Structures

205 North Mathews Ave, Urbana, IL. 61801

Phone:(217)8196210, Email: tengli2 at illinois.edu