[Paraview] Error handling in a programmable filter.

Jonathan Borduas jonathan.borduas at caboma.com
Fri Jul 7 10:50:40 EDT 2017

Added as Issue #17591<https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/issues/17591>

Thanks

From: Utkarsh Ayachit [mailto:utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com]
Sent: Friday, July 7, 2017 10:19 AM
To: Jonathan Borduas <jonathan.borduas at caboma.com>
Cc: paraview at paraview.org
Subject: Re: [Paraview] Error handling in a programmable filter.

We would like to block the updating of the pipeline upon an error in the programmable filter (just like a C++ filter).

Raising an exception in the Python script should a interupt your script, however from the code I see that that wouln't exactly do what `return 0` in RequestData for C++ filter would. Please feel to report a bug on the issue tracker. Should be fairly easy to address in  a future release of ParaView.

Utkarsh