[Paraview] Integrating precompiled Catalyst into external projects

A . super_achie at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 5 08:08:37 EDT 2017

Dear members,

I would like to have Catalyst precompiled and ready for use for developers that want to work on my project. In this way they don't need to go through the procedure of installing dependencies and building Catalyst themselves (which currently takes longer than building my project...).

The problem is the absolute paths that are used in all the .cmake files, such as ParaViewConfig.cmake and UseParaView.cmake (and all .cmake files they call on).

I thought a "make install" would do the trick as normally it will copy all the essential files (system independent) to the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX directory. But I cannot use the contents of the installation folder as the directory to point to when linking to Catalyst in my project (since there are no configuration files copied).

I was doubtful to ask this question, because if it were possible, I would expect a precompiled Catalyst to be hosted on the ParaView download page. But out of curiosity I ask nonetheless; is it possible?

Best,

Jimmy