[Paraview] pvbatch rendering issue

Maxim Torgonskiy kriolog at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 11:36:25 EDT 2017

Hello,

I need to load a heavy pvsm state with pvbatch and render multiple
output views for my regression tests. The python script which I use is
quite straightforward:

import paraview.simple as ParaViewSimple
import os
ParaViewSimple.servermanager.LoadState(pvsm_file)
for view in ParaViewSimple.GetRenderViews():
  pxm = ParaViewSimple.servermanager.ProxyManager()
  view_name = pxm.GetProxyName("views", view)
  ParaViewSimple.SaveScreenshot(os.path.join(baseline_path, "%s.png" %
view_name), view)

If I launch it with pvbatch it returns multiple warnings "Warning: In
/home/kriolog/projects/caboma/SpecifX/VTK/Rendering/OpenGL2/vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx,
line 1080
vtkXOpenGLRenderWindow (0x556adac32720): warning window did not resize in
the allotted time" and generates wrong images (10 identical images of one
of the views and one different instead 11 different images). However, when
I launch the same script from ParaView it generates correct images. When I
launch pvbatch  in my docker container (osmesa, no Qt) it silently
generates the same wrong images. Could you please me give me some advice
about how to debug it?

The version of VTK which I use is 7.1.1 (slightly modified).

Thanks,
Maxim