[Paraview] Gradient between cell data

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Thu Jan 26 10:24:05 EST 2017

Christoph,

To my knowledge, there is no direct way to do this. If your data are in an ImageData or some other type of structured grid, it should be fairly straightforward to use a programmable filter to build a new grid with one fewer point in each dimension and then copy the cell data of this original mesh to the point data of the new mesh. You can then do finite differences on the points of the new mesh and get the result you are looking for.

-Ken