[Paraview] ParaviewWeb on EC2

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Thu Jan 19 19:19:24 EST 2017

Hi Claude,

I'm glad you like our doc and code. If you feel we are missing something
that is not obvious, please report it so we can fix it.

Regarding your issue, you had a good reflex in fixing apache and the
launcher config, as with PV5.2 we use a second ws connection for streaming
the images in binary format. But it has been forever since I setup that
ami, I have very little memory of what was setup.

I do know that we use 'sed' to dynamically replace some string so the
proper HOST for apache and the launcher get used, but I don't remember if
it was DNS_NAME or something else. But from what I understand, you've done
exactly what I would have done myself.

I'm wondering if when you edited your launcher config you managed to
produce an invalid JSON file. (You can paste it here http://jsonlint.com/
to be sure)

Moreover, seeing the network calls of the web page that don't even load
might be useful. I'd be curious to see the response of the POST on
/paraview.

Seb