[Paraview] Filter for interactive spreadsheet?

Cornelis Bockemühl cornelis.bockemuehl at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 01:38:39 EST 2017

Dear Andy,

Thanks for this hint: Indeed I was not fully aware of the way how you can
easily add new calculated columns with these two filters! What they do is
some kind of "vector math", resulting in a new vector that is appended to
the input data set.

However my question went in the direction of directly editing single
values, or groups of values.

Example: Assume that we have a data array "Density" in some data set, then
I want to be able to directly change the "density" value for just a few
cells, or even better: for a selected set of data rows.

Because: If such a thing does not exist yet I would consider trying to
write it myself - but I do not insist on reinventing any wheel! And I am
sometimes astonished how many "wheels" already exist in the ParaView
"world"...

Regards,
Cornelis

PS: Why do I never see my own posts to the paraview mailing list? Is this a
bug or a feature or something I am doing wrong?

> This can be done through either the calculator or python calculator
> filter. If you're in the spreadsheet view it should switch over to the
> calculator/python calculator output when the filter is applied.
>
> On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 5:14 PM, Cornelis Bockemühl <
> cornelis.bockemuehl at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Has somebody already written and contributed a filter that allows some
>> simple "spreadsheet like" user manipulation of the data?
>>
>> I mean something that accepts some data input, then allows user changes,
>> and the output would be the changed data set.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Cornelis
>>
>> --
>> Cornelis Bockemühl