[Paraview] [Non-DoD Source] Re: Problem with WriteAnimation in a python file silently failing under pvbatch but working when called with pvpython (UNCLASSIFIED)

Hennessey, Joseph G CTR USARMY RDECOM ARL (US) joseph.g.hennessey2.ctr at mail.mil
Tue Jan 10 15:53:14 EST 2017

CLASSIFICATION: UNCLASSIFIED

Andy,

I have tried the various options --mpi , -dr and I also tried --mpi -dr and it
had no effect.

What I did find though was that the compute nodes are running an osmesa build
of paraview.
and I had been running in a hardware accelerated GL build of paraview when I
ran pvpython.

When I forced it to use the pvpython version from the osmesa build (which is
the one the batch file uses.)
I got this error.

GL_Version: ERROR: In
/p/home/joeh/PV/Build_5.1.2_osmesa/paraview/src/paraview/VTK/Rendering/OpenGL2/vtkOpenGLRenderWindow.cxx,
line 597
vtkOSOpenGLRenderWindow (0x2fcc250): GLEW could not be initialized.

When it hit the

WriteAnimation('full_image_path.png', Magnification=2, FrameRate=15.0,
Compression=True)

line. This error message did not occur when running the GL build of pvpython
from ParaView 5.1.2.

Thanks,

Joe

Joseph G. Hennessey Ph.D., SAIC