[Paraview] [ParaView] data from multiple servers rendered in the same view

Claude claude at theweak.link
Sun Jan 8 00:19:26 EST 2017

Dear community of ParaView experts,

I am a new ParaView user and hopefully plugin developer, and first time
poster to the list. I hope the following will not sound too silly and I
thank you in advance for your replies.

There are several paraview servers setup and I am able to connect to all
of them from the Paraview application. I can properly visualize the data
on each server. However each data appear in a separate view and I would
like to render them all in the same view (because they happen to be
different type of data in the same volume of interest). These data are
not on the same server for proprietary reasons (e.g. server A and server
B are not held by the same people and do not share their data among
themselves).
Is there any way to "merge" the views together although they come from
different sources? I couldn't find it in the UI but I wonder if this
even possible/permitted by a software architecture standpoint. I would
be ready to develop a plugin for it but as I am still exploring the
devkit, I haven't found the answer yet (and I figured someone would know
if it's even possible at all).

I have searched the email archives (http://paraview.markmail.org) but
didn't find anything similar. I found a lot about comparing data in
multiple views or parallelizing the rendering of data but from the same
server.

Thank you in advance.
all the best
claude