[Paraview] ParaViewConfig.cmake created too late with ENABLE_paraviewpluginsexternal

Fabian Wein fabian.wein at fau.de
Thu Jan 5 07:07:32 EST 2017

I think there is still an issue building plugins via
-DENABLE_paraviewpluginsexternal:BOOL=ON when building
paraview-superbuild.

cmake ../paraview-superbuild -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=Release
-DBUILD_TESTING=OFF -DENABLE_cxx11=ON -DENABLE_qt5=ON
-DENABLE_boost:BOOL=ON -DENABLE_hdf5:BOOL=ON -DENABLE_zlib:BOOL=ON
-DENABLE_png:BOOL=ON
-Dsuperbuild_download_location=$HOME/code/cfsdepscache/paraview
-DENABLE_paraviewpluginsexternal:BOOL=ON
-Dparaview_PLUGINS_EXTERNAL:STRING=CFSReader
-Dparaview_PLUGIN_CFSReader_PATH:PATH=$METABUILD/../plugins/CFSReader

results in the error

CMake Error at ~/code/cfs_paraview/plugins/CFSReader/CMakeLists.txt:43
(FIND_PACKAGE):
   By not providing "FindParaView.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this
project has
   asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by
"ParaView",
   but CMake did not find one.

   Could not find a package configuration file provided by "ParaView"
with any
   of the following names:

     ParaViewConfig.cmake
     paraview-config.cmake

   Add the installation prefix of "ParaView" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set
   "ParaView_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above files.  If
   "ParaView" provides a separate development package or SDK, be sure
it has
   been installed.

And indeed ParaViewConfig.cmake does not exist yet in
ParaView_DIR=~/code/cfs_paraview/metabuild/build/superbuild/paraview/build

It works when I do the cmake ../paraview-superbuild first without
-DENABLE_paraviewpluginsexternal:BOOL=ON ...
and then a second time with (as shown above).

However, we want to build the paraview-superbuild with our plugin
automatically (e.g. in our nightly builds) with an own cmake project
where paraview-superbuild is an external project.

Do I something wrong? Is this a bug? Any hint on how to do a workaround?

Thanks!

Fabian