[Paraview] Error while launching Paraview (and Paraview Web) in Window 10

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Tue Jan 3 10:35:17 EST 2017

Ok that mean there is still a path issue when loading a file within
ParaViewWeb on Windows.

Did you look at the log of that given session to see if any error is
printed?

You can try to edit the file [lib/site-packages]/paraview/web/protocols.py
within the ParaView application (The [...] part is for the path section
that I'm not sure of).

In the function

    @exportRpc("pv.proxy.manager.create.reader")
    def open(self, relativePath):
        """
        Open relative file paths, attempting to use the file extension to
select
        from the configured readers.
        """
        fileToLoad = []
        if type(relativePath) == list:
            for file in relativePath:
                validPath = self.getAbsolutePath(file)
                if validPath:
                    fileToLoad.append(validPath)
        else:
            validPath = self.getAbsolutePath(relativePath)
            if validPath:
                fileToLoad.append(validPath)

        if len(fileToLoad) == 0:
            return { 'success': False, 'reason': 'No valid path name' }

        print "=" * 80        # <------ ADD THAT LINE TO SEE THE PATH YOU
TRY TO LOAD
        print fileToLoad   # <------ ADD THAT LINE TO SEE THE PATH YOU TRY
TO LOAD
        print "=" * 80       # <------ ADD THAT LINE TO SEE THE PATH YOU
TRY TO LOAD

        [...]

Then look at the log to see which path is used to load that file.

Seb