[Paraview] problems with packaging of superbuild

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Wed Feb 22 10:17:44 EST 2017

Hi Jennifer,

We will tag the superbuild with a v5.3.0 tag after 5.3.0 final is
tagged, but we don't plan to tag paraview-superbuild with v5.3.0-RC1
or other release candidate tags.

To build 5.3.0-RC1, I recommend using the master branch of
paraview-superbuild and setting the 'paraview_SOURCE_SELECTION' CMake
variable to '5.3.0-RC1'. This will download the tarball of the
ParaView 5.3.0-RC1 source and build it.

If you do not have network access on the build machine, you can set
'paraview_SOURCE_SELECTION' to 'source' and set 'paraview_SOURCE_DIR'
to the ParaView 5.3.0-RC1 source directory you have set up manually.

Details for the different options for acquiring the ParaView source
are available in the "Building a specific versoin" section of the
README.md file in the top level of paraview-superbuild. You can view
this file online at
https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview-superbuild/blob/master/README.md.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or run into any problems.

Thank you,
Cory

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 9:58 AM, Green, Jennifer Kathleen
<jgreen at lanl.gov> wrote:
> Are there plans to tag a 5.3.0-rc1 version of the superbuild?  Or, is it recommended to modify the superbuild to pull in the ParaView/5.3.0-rc1 version manually?
>
> Jennifer Green, Team Leader
> Programming & Runtime Environments Team
> High Performance Computing Environments
> Los Alamos National Laboratory
> PO Box 1663 MS T080
> Los Alamos  NM 87545
> <jgreen at lanl.gov>
> office:  505-665-8421
> cell:  505-695-6437

>>> 1: CPack: Install projects
>>> 1: CPack: - Run preinstall target for: cpack-paraview
>>> 1: CPack: - Install project: cpack-paraview
>>> 1: CPack Verbose: Install configuration: "Release"
>>> 1: CMake Error at
>>> /home/paraview/paraview-5.2.0/cpack/paraview/TGZ/build/cmake_install.cmake:
>>> 45 (message): 1:   Failed to install pvdataserver:
>>> 1:
>>> 1:   Traceback (most recent call last):
>>> 1:
>>> 1:     File
>>> "/home/paraview/paraview-superbuild/superbuild/cmake/scripts/fixup_bundle.u
>>> nix.py", line 504, in <module> 1:       main(sys.argv[1:])
>>> 1:     File
>>> "/home/paraview/paraview-superbuild/superbuild/cmake/scripts/fixup_bundle.u
>>> nix.py", line 496, in main 1:       _install_binary(main_exe, is_excluded,
>>> bundle_dest, opts.libdir, installed, manifest, dry_run=opts.dry_run) 1:
>>> File
>>> "/home/paraview/paraview-superbuild/superbuild/cmake/scripts/fixup_bundle.u
>>> nix.py", line 400, in _install_binary 1:       deps =
>>> binary.dependencies.values()
>>> 1:     File
>>> "/home/paraview/paraview-superbuild/superbuild/cmake/scripts/fixup_bundle.u
>>> nix.py", line 197, in dependencies 1:       deplib =
>>> Library.create_from_reference(dep, self)
>>> 1:     File
>>> "/home/paraview/paraview-superbuild/superbuild/cmake/scripts/fixup_bundle.u
>>> nix.py", line 258, in create_from_reference 1:
>>> paths.extend(cls.default_search_paths())
>>> 1:     File
>>> "/home/paraview/paraview-superbuild/superbuild/cmake/scripts/fixup_bundle.u
>>> nix.py", line 230, in default_search_paths 1:       cls.__search_cache =
>>> pipe().split('\n')
>>> 1:     File
>>> "/home/paraview/paraview-superbuild/superbuild/cmake/scripts/fixup_bundle.u
>>> nix.py", line 22, in __call__ 1:       command =
>>> subprocess.Popen(command_args, stdin=last_input, stdout=subprocess.PIPE) 1:
>>>     File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 679, in __init__ 1:
>>> errread, errwrite)
>>> 1:     File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1259, in _execute_child
>>> 1:       raise child_exception
>>> 1:
>>> 1:   OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
>>> 1:
>>> 1:
>>> 1:
>>> 1: CPack Error: Error when generating package: ParaView
>>> 1: CMake Error at
>>> /home/paraview/paraview-superbuild/superbuild/cmake/scripts/package_test.cm
>>> ake:21 (message): 1:   CPack failed with exit code 1
>>> 1:
>>> 1:
>>> 1/1 Test #1: cpack-paraview-TGZ ...............***Failed    0.10 sec
>>>
>>> Any suggestions?
>>>
>>> Stefan

>>> Powered by www.kitware.com

>>> http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView

>> --
>> Stefan Vater
>> Research group "Numerical Methods in Geosciences"
>> CEN - Center for Earth System Research and Sustainability
>> Universität Hamburg
>> Grindelberg 5, D-20144 Hamburg, Germany
>> Phone: +49 - 40 - 42838 7746
>> Fax:   +49 - 40 - 42838 7712