[Paraview] [Non-DoD Source] Re: Superbuild repo change?

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Wed Feb 22 09:04:38 EST 2017

Rick,

Interesting. I would think that should have worked, assuming you are
on the 'master' branch, and my local testing suggests it would.

What I usually do these days to be be more explicit in my git updates is:

git checkout master
git fetch origin
git merge origin/master

'git pull' does essentially the last two if you are on the 'master'
branch. If you are on another branch, FETCH_HEAD may already point to
the tip of the remote branch, and so there may be nothing to merge.

In any case, a fresh 'git clone' is sure to work, though as you say,
you really shouldn't have to.

Thanks for testing the release candidate.

Best,
Cory

--
Cory Quammen