[Paraview] issue about deformed and misplaced color bars ...

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Fri Feb 17 11:32:37 EST 2017

Hi Ufuk,

I'm not sure if this fix will make it into the 5.3 release. We'll try but
we have a pretty hard deadline for the release.

As a workaround, while Trace is not capturing the movement the Python state
does. You can use that information to set the desired values in your
Catalyst Python script. The example from my Python state is:
rTDataLUTColorBar = GetScalarBar(rTDataLUT, renderView1)
rTDataLUTColorBar.Position = [0.30443396226415076, 0.7281124807395994]
rTDataLUTColorBar.Position2 = [0.43000000000000027, 0.1200000000000001]
rTDataLUTColorBar.Orientation = 'Horizontal'
rTDataLUTColorBar.Title = 'RTData'
rTDataLUTColorBar.ComponentTitle = ''
rTDataLUTColorBar.TitleFontSize = 16
rTDataLUTColorBar.LabelBold = 1
rTDataLUTColorBar.LabelItalic = 1
rTDataLUTColorBar.LabelFontSize = 16

Currently there's an issue with the LabelFontSize. I've entered a gitlab
issue at https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/issues/17194

Thanks for checking on this.

Best,
Andy