[Paraview] One render view on Paraview Catalyst

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Wed Feb 15 10:00:48 EST 2017

Hi,

In the ParaView GUI you can set the Remote Render Threshold (under
Edit->Settings...->Render View) to a very large number to ensure that all
rendered data gets delivered to the client for rendering. In general this
is a bad way to do things though since that can use a lot of bandwidth and
memory.

If you are trying to just have a single render view in Catalyst with a
parallel run, I don't think it's possible to get just a single window. You
either need to have a window for each MPI process or no windows at all. For
no windows at all you will need to use either OSMesa or EGL for offscreen
rendering.

--Andy