[Paraview] Object rendering problem on Windows 7 with Paraview 5.2

Bill Greene w.h.greene at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 11:09:12 EST 2017

I have been using Paraview 4 on my windows 7 computer for quite a while
now but wanted to upgrade to Paraview 5.

Installation appeared to work fine but when I display a model I am seeing
a rendering problem that I don't see in Paraview 4. If Representation=Surface
and Coloring=Solid Color, the object is black regardless of how the
color is defined. If Rep=Surface with Edges, the edges do appear over the
black object. If I select one of the results vectors under Coloring, the
color bar is displayed and looks correct; but the object remains black.

I know that the graphics card in the computer is somewhat old ( the drivers
are the latest for the device) but have no idea if that is related to
the problem
I'm seeing.

I'm wondering if others have encountered this problem or if there is
some setting I
can change to avoid it.

Thanks,

Bill Greene