[Paraview] Help needed: Paraview crashing with object has no attribute 'ImageResampling'

Bishwajit Dutta bdutta at vt.edu
Tue Feb 7 23:48:25 EST 2017

Hi All,

I am new to paraview and need help on the below. Thanks for answering them.

a)
I am running paraview 4.0.1 installed in ubuntu with python 2.7.6 and one
of the scripts  (cmdline #pvpython script_name.py)  is crashing at call :
sampler = paraview.simple.ImageResampling(Input=reader)

------------------log message------------------------
<paraview.servermanager.XMLImageDataReader object at 0xae40a4f0>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "png-setup.py", line 34, in <module>
    sampler = paraview.simple.ImageResampling(Input=reader)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ImageResampling'

I even tried with the latest paraview but it also crashes.

b) My system has NVIDIA GPU, how do I know if paraview is using GPU
acceleration
or its using CPU for rendering?

c) Is there any pvpython commandline option to use CPU acceleration or
paraview has to be compiled separately for that.

BR,
Bishwajit