[Paraview] Save Programmable VTKImageData as PNG images

Magician f_magician at mac.com
Fri Feb 3 00:53:06 EST 2017

Hi all,

I have some 2D VTKImageData and export them as PNG images using 'Save Data...'.

I'm trying to get color values from original sources and convert them
to 8 or 16-bit color values with Programmable Filter.
But if I apply 'Save Data...' to the results, no PNG images exported
and get warnings as below:

> Warning: In /Users/kitware/buildbot-slave/b99e1795/source-paraview/VTK/IO/Image/vtkPNGWriter.cxx, line 231
> vtkPNGWriter (0x6000005a8260): PNGWriter only supports unsigned char and unsigned short inputs

The attached dataset is a tiny sample. (including no dtype converter, but reproduces same problems)
The data type of the PNGImage value of ProgrammableFilter1 should be 'unsigned char',
but we may not be able to save it as a PNG image.

Is it a bug?

Magician