[Paraview] Rendering Backend OpenGL2 & PV 5.2.0-RC4 & SurfaceLic --> Problem...

Andy Smith agsmith424 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 17:14:27 EST 2017

I've tested this with the latest ParaView and it does seem to run much
faster.
I am having a problem when running in parallel though.  If one processor
does not have anything to display, the rendering hangs.
Related to that, what routine actually calls
vtkCompositeLICHelper::RenderPiece?
The process that does not have anything to display never gets to that
function but the other processes do.  In that function there are MPI calls
where the rendering hangs.

As a reply to Chuck:  I can use EGL in some instances but unfortunately not
all of our machine have GPUs so software rendering is still required.

Thanks again for all the help.