[Paraview] Ansys to ParaView

Bob Flandard bflandard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 06:40:09 EST 2017

Hi Anxo,

If you're using Ansys MAPDL aka "Classic", then you have a lot of
flexibility to code something in apdl to output mesh and results in a
format that suits you (and ParaView). For efficient code you would need to
make use of the vectorised functions like *vget, *vfun, *voper etc.

If you're only going to want to do this once and therefore can't invest the
time, upload your database and solution file and send me a link (or send me
your apdl input files) and I'll try to upload something you can open in
ParaView, less than 1 million nodes is fine.

If you're using Workbench, then I believe it writes the apdl commands to
define the mesh, loads and BCs, to the project directory along with the
solution file *.rst (extension depends on the physics).

Regards, Bob