[Paraview] plot colors: function value -> RGB tuple

Nico Schlömer nico.schloemer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 09:15:10 EST 2017

Hi everyone,

I need to plot complex-valued functions over various domains, and instead
of splitting the values into real and imaginary part (or absolute value and
angle), I would like to use a "2D colormap" approach as sometimes suggested
for complex-valued functions (see, e.g., [1]).
As a lowkey approach of getting this into ParaView, I was wondering if it's
possible to create a filter that takes a point value (or two), runs it
through some specified (Python) code, and uses the returned RGB tuple for
rendering the plot.

Any hints?

Cheers,
Nico