[Paraview] BUG REPORT: Axes grid option grayed out, version 5.4.1 64bit, on Ubuntu 16.04

Jianbo Long longtuteng249 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 01:10:46 EST 2017

Hi Cory,

Thanks for your email !

It feels pretty odd, though, that I cannot re-make this problem easily. I
just tested again, as you suggested, using simple Source object, and had no
problem with the  'Data Axes Grid' button.  Everything seems okay. However,
I still cannot make it work for that specific .vtk file.  I was doubting
that it might be the problem of using .pvsm file I generated  for that
particular .vtk file a few days ago ( so that I can use the same view
settings for a number of other .vtk files ). However, it appears not.  I
just did the test of this way for a different .vtk mesh: first use 'Save
State..' from the File menu to get a .pvsm file,  and then load the same
.vtk with the .pvsm by clicking 'Load State...', but this time, all buttons
seem to be  okay. The odd thing is that, when I want to work with the first
specific .pvsm file, even if with different vtk data files,  the data axes
grid buttons shown in 'Miscellaneous' and 'Annotations' won't wok (again,
see picture below)..

The problem seems to be due to my .pvsm file, but I still have no clue what
might cause the difference.

Thanks,

Jianbo

[image: Inline image 1]