[Paraview] Point Dataset Interpolator - EllipsoidalGaussianKernel

M P martin34148 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 02:18:04 EDT 2017

hmm, reading the vtkEllipsoidalGaussianKernel documentation, it seems it is
not suitable for my purpose after all. Not possible to achieve constant
weight inside the sampling cylinder. Also the use of word "normal" in the
documentation confuses me, e.g.: "z is the distance of the current voxel
sample point along the local normal N"

W(x) = S * exp( -( Sharpness^2 * ((rxy/E)**2 + z**2)/R**2) )

- I would expect that it should be direction of the curve, not normal. When
I display Normals on my spline curve it is as expected perpendicular to the
curve and that I believe should not be the z coordinate of the kernel.

Will make some simple Programmable Filter for that.

Best regards,

Martin