[Paraview] add a field with a custom attribute to selected points

Shayan Nikoohemat shayan.nikoohemat at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 15:27:10 EDT 2017

I have a dataset of points, I select several points and I want to add an
attribute to them and extract them. Then repeat this for some other
selected points from the same dataset.  At the end I append the selected
datasets, and then from the field that I added and gave them attribute I
should be able to discriminate the selections.

I managed to select points and extract them, but I cannot add a field to
them with a custom attribute.

How is it possible?

Thanks.

Shayan