[Paraview] Best format for constant structure, varying scalars over time?

Nicolas Cedilnik nicolas.cedilnik at inria.fr
Thu Apr 27 12:30:03 EDT 2017

Hello,

I come here for advice. I need to visualize scalars that change over
time, on a constant mesh structure. The points don't move, the triangles
don't move. What I'm doing right now is save the scalar values and mesh
structure in a legacy VTK for each time step. It works but doesn't sound
really clever, knowing that the mesh part never changes. I'm just
wasting A LOT of HDD space.

There are probably a lot of solutions for this, but I'm a bit lost. My
scalars values are first generated as numpy arrays, so right now I'm
using the nice pyvtk python package.

What are my alternative options here? Which python library should I use?

Regards,

--

Nicolas Cedilnik