[Paraview] xdmf2 vs xdmf3 file type

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Mon Apr 24 17:07:37 EDT 2017

They both claim ".xmf" and ".xdmf" via the ReaderFactor extensions line you
will find in readers.xml and proxies_xdmf3.xml. If one had something like
xmf2 and the other xmf3 it would do what you are asking for. You could do
that if you build from source for example.

If not you should be able to force something like that by making a dummy
reader xml only plugin just to get the file extension association. See
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Plugin_HowTo#Adding_a_Reader for
hints.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.