[Paraview] Wind Velocity does not match cloud movement

u.utku.turuncoglu at be.itu.edu.tr u.utku.turuncoglu at be.itu.edu.tr
Sat Apr 22 09:47:50 EDT 2017

Hi,

I think this is regional atmospheric model. Right? If this is the case,
switched off spherical coordinates and add Transform filter to adjust z
coordinate. This is very common problem when you want to create
visualisation with earth system model components such as atmosphere and
ocean. The problem is caused by the horizontal (~1000-10000 km) and
vertical (~10 km) length scales. So, add Transform filter and set Scale
for z axis as 0.001 or something similar. Then if you click camera Reset
button that is found in the shortcuts, you will see that the strait line
will disappear and you will have a box and could have the correct
representation of your domain. I hope it helps.

Regards,

--ufuk