[Paraview] ParaView 5.3.0 and Qt5 linking error

Fabian Wein fabian.wein at fau.de
Fri Apr 21 19:07:21 EDT 2017

Hi,

in case you want to use superbuild, gcc 6.3.1 compiles qt 5.8.0 from PV 5.3
for me without any problems. Why do you want to use precompiled qt?
On a fast Linux I build PV 5.3 superbuild with qt in ~30 min.

If you want to compile qt-everywhere manually be warned, a plain configure
took hours and many GBs for me - apparently all combinations of debug/relase/…
were built.