[Paraview] Integrating drag and lift over time

SanjeebPal spal at sanjeebpal.com
Fri Apr 21 09:07:18 EDT 2017

Hello:

I have transient simulation results that I read into Paraview. I would
like to calculate drag and lift at each time step. I have the normal and
tangential wall stresses output at every time step. How do I accomplish
this ?

For a given time step, I understand that I can use the sequence of filters

Extract Boundary surface -> Generate surface normals -> Multiply stress
by area -> Multiply by normals -> Integrate Variables Filter

How do I get this drag and lift output written out at each time step ?

Regards,
Sanjeeb Pal