[Paraview] Filter guidelines and Frequent pitfalls

Jonathan Borduas jonathan.borduas at caboma.com
Thu Apr 13 19:30:57 EDT 2017

Hi to all paraviewers

My team is creating custom filters inside paraview (c++ and python). We recently discovered that it's really not a good idea to use paraview.simple inside a filter (a developper was updating the panel of the filter with paraview.simple.setproperties, creating weird behaviors).

I saw some in the "plugins howto" page, but I guess it isn't complete.

A more exhaustive list of pitfalls could help a lot of people out there. I was wondering if somebody has a guideline on the frequent pitfalls, or a kind of checklist in a Definition of Done.

Best regards

Jonathan Borduas