[Paraview] Extracting min/max values of current data range as a variable in python

Jamison, Ryan Dale rdjamis at sandia.gov
Tue Apr 11 17:10:42 EDT 2017

Hello Everyone,

I’m wanting to gain more control over automation with my paraview python scripts. This time around, I’d like to be able to extract information from the model and use it in my python script.

For example, I’d like to extract the minimum and maximum values of a cell variable from a specific block and use those values in the python script. Once I extract this information, I’d use it for some additional processing. Something like:

minValue, maxValue = someCoolParaviewFunction(blockName, variableName)

Is this possible? If so, any suggestions on how to do it?

Thanks,

Ryan