[Paraview] ParaView v5.3: Generating textures from scalars and lookup table

Nenad Vujicic nenadus at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 06:34:24 EDT 2017

Hello everyone,

I've just started building my ParaView exporter plugin using ParaView v5.3
with OpenGL2 selected for backend rendering (PARAVIEW_RENDERING_BACKEND),
however, I'm having troubles with generating textures from scalars used for
coloring the meshes. What I'm actually doing here is that I'm generating
texture from currently selected array and lookup-table and I export texture
mapped object instead of exporting object plus scalars and colormap or
colors. Previously (with OpenGL used for backend rendering), I was deriving
class from vtkScalarsToColorsPainter class for this purpose, however, now,
this class is not used anymore with OpenGL2.

Does anyone have idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Nenad.