[Paraview] ParaView v5.2 problems with PLY files with point clouds

Cory Quammen cory.quammen at kitware.com
Mon Apr 3 20:44:23 EDT 2017

Nenad,

Sorry, this has been sitting in my inbox for a while now.

I tried reading the PLY file you cited [1] with ParaView 5.3. It seems
to read the points just fine.

What might be confusing is that since there is no cell data, the
points are not rendered in the default "Surface" representation. In
the Properties panel, set the "Representation" type to 3D Glyphs, the
Glyph Type to Sphere, and the Radius to 0.05. You'll see the points as
pictured in the attached image.

HTH,
Cory

[1] https://courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse558/01sp/software/scanalyze/points.html