[Paraview] Data structure type

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Fri Oct 28 19:48:01 EDT 2016

Chris,

Ultimately to represent your data in the way you describe, you will need to store it in an unstructured grid. Even though your data are regular in the X and Y directions, the structured data types will insist on connecting the points of the cells, which you explicitly stated that you do not want. The unstructured grid does not have this restriction. Although it can (and usually does) share points across cells, it does not have to.

-Ken