[Paraview] Paraview 4.4.0 crashes when exporting scene without rasterization of 3D objects

Simon Couture wakeboard2 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 28 00:27:23 EDT 2016

Hello all,

I want to export a paraview scene to a vector graphic format but for some reason Paraview crashes during the operation.

The version that I am running is from the installation file ParaView-4.4.0-Qt4-Windows-64bit.exe. I have tried the export operation on two different machines, one with Windows 10, the other with Windows 7, with the same result.

The most straightforward way to reproduce my problem is the following: from the Sources menu I create a cylinder with default height 1 and radius 0.5. I then go to File -> Export scene..., I type a filename to save to, I tried selecting formats .eps, .svg and .pdf all with the same result, then in the "Export Options" window that pops up, I uncheck the Rasterize 3D geometry option, click save, and I get the "paraview.exe" has stopped working message (actually I just tried to save with the Rasterize 3D geometry option checked, and that also crashes paraview).

Has anyone encountered similar behavior? Any help is appreciated.

Simon