[Paraview] ParaView 5.2 Release Candidate 2 available for download

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Thu Oct 20 10:42:53 EDT 2016

On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 16:03:05 +0200, Fabian Wein wrote:
> Are you interested in superbuild tests, too? Or do you want to skip
> that issue for the time 5.2 is released?

We're interested :) .

> On macOS 10.12 Sierra I have problems building qt5:

Hmm, we haven't done 10.12 yet; upgrading it usually breaks things :( .

> superbuild fails with the output below but building qt5 manually seems
> to work (at least it builds for a longer time up to now)

We don't build the Qt5 bits yet for ParaView, but it is used with other
projects. (Though even for Qt4 is built once and reused to avoid an
extra 45+ minutes per build.)

Please open an issue here:

    https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/common-superbuild

to help track this.

> On Linux (openSUSE tumbleweed with gcc 6.2.1) hdf5 fails the rest is still building …

Could you post a bug at the same place for this? I use 6.2.1 from Fedora
and HDF5 is fine here. More details would be nice too.

Thanks,

--Ben