[Paraview] View geotiff in Paraview?

Adam Dershowitz adershowitz at exponent.com
Mon Oct 17 11:11:50 EDT 2016

I have a geotiff that I would like to view in preview.  I’m able to open it, and view it, but the problem is that the scale and origin are not correct.  It seems that preview is just opening it as a TIFF and is ignoring the origin, corners and pixel size in the geotiff.  The problem is that I want to overlay some other polygons that are in a known location, so this placement is important (and off by hundreds of thousands of meters.)
Can paraview open a geotiff?  If not, is there an easy way to just offset and scale data in Paraview?  It seems like it can be done by manually adding a Transform filter and then forcing it to scale and translate as necessary.  Although getting it all lined up is not trivial.

Thanks,

-- Adam