[Paraview] OSPRay rendering issue: 1) opacity 2) moving body rendering 3) ospray , shadow option

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Sun Oct 16 20:26:22 EDT 2016

On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 8:08 AM, SeongMo Yeon <seongmo.yeon at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am using ParaView 5.1.2.
>
> today, what I found with OSPRay is three things.
>
> 1) Once OSPRay is enabled, opacity is not applied. is it normal or
> ParaView bug?

Can't seem to reproduce that one. The opacity setting is quite similar with
and without ospray for the test cases I've got. Can you provide more
information and data to help me reproduce it.

> 2) I have CFD results of sloshing tank which is moving around. To
> visualize tank boundary, extrack block filter and generate surface normal
> filter are applied to the field. Since sloshing tank problem is unsteady, I
> proceeded the time and found that two tanks are shown: first one is the
> previous time step one and the other is the current time step one. It looks
> like ParaView bug.

Likewise, I can't seem to reproduce that either. I opened can.ex2,
extracted the can block, extracted surface, generated normals, stepped
through time. All worked OK.

> 3) I have found that after OSPRay is enabled with shadow option, ParaView
> crashes if I turn off shadow option before OSPRay is turned off. this
> behavior looks like bug.

This one I can. This will fix when merged to master.
https://gitlab.kitware.com/paraview/paraview/merge_requests/1119