[Paraview] Paraview python script: passing images to PIL (python image library)

Albina, Frank frank.albina at sauber-motorsport.com
Wed Oct 12 14:00:32 EDT 2016

David,

that’s excellent.

Thanks a lot.
Frank.
From: David E DeMarle [mailto:dave.demarle at kitware.com]
Sent: Mittwoch, 12. Oktober 2016 19:56
To: Albina, Frank
Cc: paraview at paraview.org; Del Citto, Francesco
Subject: Re: [Paraview] Paraview python script: passing images to PIL (python image library)

Look into the cinemaIO directory of ParaView. We move back and forth between paraview, numpy and PIL often there.

For example:
image = self.view.CaptureWindow(1)
ext = image.GetExtent()
width = ext[1] - ext[0] + 1
height = ext[3] - ext[2] + 1
imagescalars = image.GetPointData().GetScalars()
idata = numpy_support.vtk_to_numpy(imagescalars)
image.UnRegister(None)
imageslice = idata.reshape(height, width, 3)
imageslice = numpy.flipud(imageslice)
pimg = PIL.Image.fromarray(imageslice)

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.