[Paraview] 3D with Nvidia glasses

Gao gao at pztop.com
Tue Oct 11 15:17:33 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I am trying to make the stereo 3D working on Paraview but it doesn't
work. I don't know what is the problem.

I got NVIDIA 3D VISION 2 glasses and set it up on my Windows 10 PC.
Installed the driver for the QUADRO 4000 card. Tested with the Nvidia
Control Panel (version  8.1.1030.0) and the I can see the 3D demo
through the glasses.

Then I downloaded a sample vtk file from here:

http://www.subdude-site.com/WebPages_Local/RefInfo/Computer/Linux/LinuxGuidesByBlaze/apps3Dtools/3D_viewers-converters/3Dtestfiles/vtk/rbc_001.vtk

I changed some setting on Nvidia Control Panel:
Manage 3D setting:
  Stereo - Display mode : Generic active stereo (with NVIDIA 3D Vision)
  Stereo -Enable: On
  Stereo -Swap eyes: Off

Now I run paraview with:
paraview.exe --stereo --stereo-type="Crystal Eyes"

Then I open the vtk file I downloaded. I don't see 3D, and the image is
flickering. But the emitter green light is ON.

Can someone help me to get this 3D display going?

Thanks.

Gao